Information we collect
We will collect personal data on this website only if it is directly provided to us by you the user, e.g. your e-mail address, name, educational background, and therefore has been provided by you with your consent, or upon your consent to access our website through Facebook. We also use analytical and statistical tools that monitor details of your visits to our website and the resources that you access, including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data. Your payment information (e.g. credit card details) provided when you make a purchase from our website is not received or stored by us. That information is processed securely and privately by the third party payment processors that we use. StudyAdvantage Group will not have access to that information at any time. We may share your personal data with our payment processors, but only for the purpose of completing the relevant payment transaction. Such payment processors are banned from using your personal data, except to provide these necessary payment services to us, and they are required to maintain the confidentiality of your personal data and payment information.
Use, storage and disclosure of your information
We may hold and process this personal data in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and send you our e-newsletters from time to time. We may share your personal data within our group of companies and/or clients thereof, but it will still be subject to these terms if we do. The information that we collect and store relating to you is primarily used to enable us to provide our services to you. In addition, we may use the information for the following purposes:
- To provide you with information requested from us, relating to our products or services;
- To provide information on other products which we feel may be of interest to you, where you have consented to receive such information;
- To meet our contractual commitments to you;
- To notify you about any changes to our website, such as improvements or service/product changes, that may affect our service;
- If you are an existing customer, we may contact you with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you;
- Further, we may use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, so that you can be provided with information about unrelated goods and services which we consider may be of interest to you. We or they may contact you about these goods and services; and
- To assist fraud protection and minimise credit risk. If you do not want us to use your data for our or third parties’ use, you will have the opportunity to withhold your consent to this by sending us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org at any time. Please be advised that we may reveal information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers and we may, on occasion, provide them with information about our visitors.
The transmission of information via the Internet or email is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of data while you are transmitting it to our site; any such transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your personal data, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password so that you can access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. You should choose a password it is not easy for someone to guess.
Third party links
You might find links to third party websites on our website. These websites should have their own privacy policies, which you should check. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies whatsoever as we have no control over them.
Access to information
The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to access information held about you by us. This right can be exercised by you in accordance with the Act – an access request will be subject to a fee of £10 towards our costs of complying with your request for the information we hold about you. Should you wish to receive details that we hold about you, please contact us using the contact details below.
Changes to this policy
Version: April 2017